Sunday, January 11, 2009

Take off. Plan, come together.

So far so good, special thanks to Milan for hooking me up with this blog page. I had no idea on where to look nor how to create one, a helping hand is sometimes all we need. One hand washes the other so they say.

(La vista de la casa que dejo).


Today I'm off, I will start my journey by taking the train to Utrecht, exchange some last bills, buy a newspaper for later on board and take the train to Frankfurt, look for where in heaven's sake I have to check in on that humongous airport and
zoooooooooooooooooom Kaj is off to Costa Rica. Two weeks only. Before moving on to Ecuador and then further down under.

We only live twice and this is our second time.
And we better make the most out of it, or we will have no-one else but ourselves to blame for.
Not that you have to, to blame I mean. All is well that ends well (popular saying) and
if we can take some beautiful pictures (Meeting Joe Black) with us as nice memories that can deepen the lines of smiled smiles on our face, we should be happy, whatever it is we do.

Today I'm struck again with goodness
and I hope that that impression will be merely broadened by all this adventuring.

I've traveled bits, lived in places and met some people and the funny great work of this plan
is, that is it a plan that comes together.. and we all love it when a plan comes together.
Take Milan for instance, a fellow Dutchman I met in Barcelona.. what? almost 5 years ago.
He helps me out giving me the opportunity to document some of my experiences, great.

Then arriving at Costa Rica, there will be Nina, a girl I met in Berlin(through Cristián, another great Chilean friend). She was my accupuncturist and healing therapist there, now I'll hook up with her and her peers to go surfing, as it seems we will take a bus on my birthday to Panama and surf a couple of days there. How lucid do you want your life to be?

If I'd be dreaming right now and decide to do whatever I'd like best at that given moment in time, I might say just that, check out the surf in Panama.

Am I dreaming this? Am I awake? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming)

So far so good I wrote; because I requested to surf something else than a board during my travels. I requested some couch-surfs on my route and have written to other people too,
people I met once maybe, by coincidence in some bar in a vivid moment and they have started replying telling me, yeah man, def. no worries, I'm here for you, come to Peru, come to Chile, I booked you for that date, you have a bed in Trujillo, I will show you around town, or I will pick you up from the airport and if you like take you in a car to the beach to stay in a hut there, let's make a fire and have some wine and talk like friends and strangers and the beat goes on.

I mean, wow, isn't that AWESOME! It's just that. People that open the door of their houses for you and even make an effort to come pick you up, sometimes half a stranger if not a complete stranger on the basis of being part of the same community (www.couchsurfing.com) or having met in some bar once or even through the Internet. I don't think it has to do with luck, but more with opening up and despite our ever morphing realities rarely seem to go truly paralel to have an opening of complete understanding, the effort in making that opening and reach out a hand is a bliss.

I thank all the hands that reach out in advance and I know what it's like to be on either side of the doorstep.

1 comment:

  1. dear kaj, I think I have never said this to you before...but I deeply admire you! you know, there are on one hand people that live life and on the other hand people that merely exist. You are definitely a person that lives life! keep this flame burning...! and do enjoy latin america to the fullest! blessed places you will be visiting! I wish I would be around and do some trails with you through the jungle in central america...! :)

    and to complete my message to you I write one of my favorites thoughts that someone once said:

    "One can't discover new oceans until he has the courage to lose sight of the shore"

    ride on my friend!!!!

    much love, susana

    www.mochilandopelomundo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete